[rules-users] use EObject for facts?

jack wu jackxwu at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 20:31:27 EDT 2007

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to use the EMF EObject, instead of java beans as facts. or does it require a lot of effort to make that happen.

what EObject has is very similar to what the Fact interface requires:
    Object getFieldValue(String name);
    void setFieldValue(String name,
                       Object value);

when a java beans got passed in as fact, do we internally instantiate a Fact object to represent the java bean? at runetime, when rules are evaluated, do all the calls to get fact field values go through the Fact interface? using getFieldValue()?

thanks.

jack.