[rules-users] Trouble upgrading to Drool 4.0

Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com
Thu Aug 23 19:22:48 EDT 2007

Thanks Edson,

I am more like migrating from 3.06 to 4.0. What's the different between 4.0
GA and MR3, and where could I find the download for 40 GA? I couldn't find
any link from the website.

Best Regards,
Tim Nguyen

             "Edson Tirelli"
             <tirelli at post.com
             Sent by:                  "Rules Users List"
             rules-users-bounc         <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
             es at lists.jboss.or                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rules-users] Trouble upgrading
             08/23/2007 02:01          to Drool 4.0
             PM

             Please respond to
             Rules Users List
             <rules-users at list
               s.jboss.org>

     If you are upgrading, you should be upgrading to 4.0GA, not MR3.
     The error is because you need to add mvel jar to your classpath.

     []s
     Edson

2007/8/23, Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com <Tim.Nguyen at expeditors.com>:
  Hi,

  I have been using JBoss Drool 3.06 for a few months, and now I want to
  upgrade it to 4.0 to take advantage of some new features. So I downloaded
  the JBoss Rules 4.0.0.MR3 Binaries, then drop 4 core drool jar files to
  my
  project lib
  drools-core.jar
  drools-compiler.jar
  drools-jsr94.jar
  drools-decisiontables.jar

  Then I rebuilt my project, changed a few Drool java code to adapt with
  4.0,
  then Run. I got the following error message:

  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
  org/mvel/intergration/VaribaleResolverFactory.

  Could anyone please let me know if I am mising anything? Thank you!
  PS: My Java drool was working fine with 3.0.6

  Tim

  Edson Tirelli
  Office: +55 11 3529-6000
  Mobile: +55 11 9287-5646