[rules-users] NoClassDefFoundError for

MarkA mail at cluttered.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 10:11:52 EDT 2007

Using the simple files (based on the examples) I cannot get it to run outside
of eclispe. Can anyone suggest any solution? Below is the command I am using
at the moment (though I have tried lots of permutations, including putting
every jar I can find in the JAR directory and running the code direct rather
than from a jar. Other code works fine and this one runs until it gets to
the PackageBuilder bit so pretty sure it's not related to the jar). I've
also listed the current contents of the JAR directory, I have tried lots of
other combinations and am stumped as to what to try next. Drools looks good
but if I can't produce a single jar that other people can use then it's
completely pointless.

This one is on Windows XP but it doesn't work on the Mac either or on
Windows XP inside the Macs emulator (Parallels). Same result everywhere.

E:\eclipse-Data\drools-test-mini>java -jar DroolsTester.jar -cp .:JAR
Loaded rules
RULES000
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/drools/compiler/PackageBuilder
        at com.mda.dt.DroolsTest.readRule(DroolsTest.java:38)
        at com.mda.dt.DroolsTest.RunME(DroolsTest.java:107)
        at com.mda.dt.DroolsTest.main(DroolsTest.java:20)

E:\eclipse-Data\drools-test-mini>ls JAR
antlr-2.7.6.jar
antlr-runtime-3.0.jar
commons-jci-core-1.0-406301.jar
commons-jci-eclipse-3.2.0.666.jar
commons-lang-2.1.jar
commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar
core-3.2.3.v_686_R32x.jar
drools-compiler-4.0.0.jar
drools-compiler-4.0.1.SNAPSHOT.jar
drools-core-4.0.0.jar
drools-core-4.0.1.SNAPSHOT.jar
drools-decisiontables-4.0.0.jar
drools-decisiontables-4.0.1.SNAPSHOT.jar
drools-jsr94-4.0.0.jar
drools-jsr94-4.0.1.SNAPSHOT.jar
janino-2.5.7.jar
jsr94-1.1.jar