[rules-users] exists...

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sun Aug 26 07:35:12 EDT 2007

    Manukyan

    If it is not firing, it is a bug. Although we fixed several related bugs
for 4.0.1 that shall be out soon.
    If you can provide a test case and open a Jira, I can do some further
debugging. Essentially, the difference between the rules is that expression
in the first rule is being converted into an MVEL expression, because of the
nested accessors, while the second is a pure drools expression.

    []s
    Edson

2007/8/25, Manukyan, Sergey <SManukyan at lear.com>:

>  Folks,
>

> Using 4.0 GA.
>

> Need to have a rule that executes when there exists a Supplier with
> business status == active. I am inserting Supplier in working memory.
>

> I did that :
>

> rule #1
>
> when
>
>             exists( Supplier( businessStatus.status.isActive == true ) )
>
> then
>
>             System.out.println("FOUND!!!!");
>
> End
>

> But it doesn't work….
>

> Although other rules like if there is supplier with name = "SOME NAME" –
> they work :
>

> rule #2
>
> when
>
>             exists( Supplier( name == "SOME NAME" ) )
>
> then
>
>             System.out.println("FOUND!!!!");
>
> End
>

> Any ideas how to make rule #1 work…. ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Sergey
>

>  **********************
> ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
> **********************
>
> This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
> this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
> or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error, please immediately notify the sender and
> delete this E-mail message from your computer.

  Edson Tirelli
  Office: +55 11 3529-6000
  Mobile: +55 11 9287-5646