[rules-users] Storing temp results in eval block

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Aug 27 16:43:31 EDT 2007

    What I would do in your case is to have 2+ rules. One rule calculates
the value, and the other(s) rule(s) will reason over the calculated value.
    Example:

rule "Calculates Memory Usage"
when
     $mpw: Resource( type=="MemoryInfo", attributes.Percent == null, $phys:
attributes.PhysicalUsed, $tot: attributes.TotalPhysical )
then
     $mpw.setAttribute( "Percent", ((Double)$phys).doubleValue() /
((Double)$tot).doubleValue());
     update( $mpw );
end

rule "High Average Usage"
when
    Resource( type=="MemoryInfo", attributes.Percent > .95 )
then
    // do something
end

rule "Medium Average Usage"
when
    Resource( type=="MemoryInfo", attributes.Percent > .50 && <= .95 )
then
    // do something
end

    Hope it helps...

     []s
     Edson

2007/8/27, cfili <cfilippelli at cerner.com>:

> Sure... basically using a map called "attributes" to retrieve specific
> attributes on a resource.  Currently I am simply printing the value from
> the
> eval, but I would like to be able to store it.
>
> rule "High Memory 95%"
>
>         when
>                 $mpw : Resource(type == "MemoryInfo", $physUsed :
> attributes["PhysicalUsed"], $totalPhys : attributes["TotalPhysical"])
>                 eval((((Double)$physUsed).doubleValue() /
> ((Double)$totalPhys).doubleValue()) > 0.95)
>         then
>                 System.out.println(" Percent Used: " +
> ((Double)$physUsed).doubleValue() /
> ((Double)$totalPhys).doubleValue());