[rules-users] Possible to check for null and empty string in same rule?

Brian Enderle brianke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:24:22 EDT 2007

One of the checks that we are required to do on our data is that the data is
not blank, meaning the value retrieved from the DB is not null and not ""
(empty string) or '' (empty characer), etc..

Is there anyway to create a DSL entry to do this check regardless of the data
type (Stirng, character, Date, etc.) that is returned?

I have tried the obvious ({field} == null || {field} == "") but this only
works for String types.  I would really like to have just one DSL entry that
would handle all cases.

Thanks,
Brian Enderle