[rules-users] What if Rules change frequently...

jdepaul jjdepaul at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 1 09:03:42 EST 2007

Michael Rhoden wrote:
> ...Since we build the rules dynamically it was as
> simple as adding a new condition to each rule that described the date the
> rule should fire.

Thanks Michael -

I really like the idea of timestamp and status - thanks.

Could you tell me about how you create the rules dynamically?!
We need to allow the end-users to author the rules using the GUI as well,
then check the rules for validity before converting to some type of format
and storing them in the database.  I'm trying to decide how to go about the
process of dynamically creating and validating the rules.  Should I use XML
file or DRL file as an output from that process and do I then compile the
rules and before storing them in the database in an object form for maximum
efficiency during re-load or leave it as XML taqs in the DB?

Thanks in advance - James