[rules-users] Differences in how WorkingMemory is storing the objects: identity and equality

nicolae oana oananicolae1981 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 09:20:34 EST 2007

Dear all,

I read in Drools manual about how Working Memory stores the asserted objects : Identity mode and Equality mode.
But I'm not sure I properly understood the differences. In what concerns the Equality mode, the return of a FactHandle is done only when a different type of object is asserted?( a type that not exists yet in HashTable?). In the rest cases nothing is happening ?

Best regards,
                 Oana.