[rules-users] Differences in how WorkingMemory is storing the objects: identity and equality

nicolae oana oananicolae1981 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 10:57:28 EST 2007

Mark,

Thanks a lot !  Now I understand what it's all about. :)

Oana.
Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:           default is Identity mode, its simpy the way it determines if the fact already exists in the working memory.
 fact.equals( fact ) is Equality mode
 fact == fact is Identity mode.

 Mark
 nicolae oana wrote: Dear all,

 I read in Drools manual about how Working Memory stores the asserted objects : Identity mode and Equality mode.
 But I'm not sure I properly understood the differences. In what concerns the Equality mode, the return of a FactHandle is done only when a different type of object is asserted?( a type that not exists yet in HashTable?). In the rest cases nothing is happening ?

 Best regards,
                  Oana.