[rules-users] Parse bug in predicate constraints?

Justine Hlista justine at vsasset.com
Thu Feb 8 16:25:55 EST 2007

Yay!! I was just looking into moving on to the trunk. Unfortunately we have
a code freeze tomorrow, so it might have to wait a few days.

Yes, apparently I made a typo when I typed in the example (trying to
simplify it, argh!). And while I said it was sensitive to whitespace, the
whitespace I actually meant was a line break. Here is the actual rule, which
will compile without a line break in the predicate. However, if I insert a
line break at the &&,  it throws:

rule "snapshot"
no-loop true
    when
        snap : Scalper120Values(id:uniqueId,
         shares:sharesFilled,
         buy:buyShares,
         sell:sellShares ->((shares.intValue() < (1/780) * (buy.intValue() +
sell.intValue()))&&((buy.intValue() + sell.intValue()) > 500000)));
    then
        System.out.println("blah");
end