[rules-users] How to inovke a Service...

jdepaul jjdepaul at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 9 12:52:51 EST 2007

Thanks for a great example - I was able to invoke myService from the
<consequence> block in my rules, but NOT from a Function that I define...
is this a limitation, or is there some other syntax when invoking from a
function?

rule "Shipper Match"
	salience 90
	when
		shipperGI : GateIn ( customerId == "NISSAN", primaryShipperId == "yellow"
)
	then
		myService.sendNotification(shipperGI, Constants.SHIPPER_MATCH);	 <-- This
Works
		// notifyPartNer(shipperGI, COnstants.SHIPPER_MATCH);  <-- This DOESN'T
WORK!
end

// Match found - notify customer
function void notifyPartner(GateIn _event, String _action ) {
	System.out.println("Invoking Service for action = " + _action );
	//myService.sendNotification(_event, _action);  <-- Never gets to here...
crashes...
}