[rules-users] Thread safety of objects in working memory

Faizan fraza123 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 04:13:36 EST 2007

I have a RulesEngine class which consists of single instance of a
WorkingMemory and the RuleBase. In my application two threads access the
working memory concurrently and assert/modify/retract my business objects
(of same type/class). What will happen if one of the thread fires a rule
which retracts an object while the other thread is working on that object?
So my question is whether drools provide thread safety on the objects in
working memory or do i need to handle it on my own by not allowing threads
to access working memory at the same time.