[rules-users] Drools With Spring Framework Problem

Niyas niyasahmed at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 02:58:38 EST 2007

I have tried of using the sample coding given the link given by you:
But i am getting the following error:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'ruleBase' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/insurance-servlet.xml]: Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Operator '40' does not
exist for StringEvaluator
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:403)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:233)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:145)
	org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:277)
	org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:313)
	org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:139)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:306)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:251)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:220)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:112)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
My insurance-servlet.xml:
<beans>
	<!-- default handlermapping -->
	<bean id="beanNameUrlMapping"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping"/>

	<bean name="/home.htm" class="com.sample.InsuranceController"
singleton="false">
		<property name="ruleBase">
			<ref bean="ruleBase"/>
		</property>
		<property name="insurBean">
			<ref bean="insurance"/>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<!-- View Resolver -->
	<bean id="viewResolver"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
		<property name="prefix">
			<value>/WEB-INF/jsp/</value>
		</property>
		<property name="suffix">
			<value>.jsp</value>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<!-- Bean -->
	<bean id="insurance" class="com.sample.InsuranceBean"/>

	<bean id="ruleBase" class="com.sample.RuleBaseBeanFactory">
		<property name="drlResourceList">
			<list>
				<value type="org.springframework.core.io.Resource">classpath:/com/sample/Approval.drl</value>
			</list>
		</property>

		<property name="packageBuilderConfiguration">
			<bean class="org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration">
				<property name="javaLanguageLevel" value="1.5"/>
			</bean>
		</property>
	</bean>
</beans>