[rules-users] logical 'not' - is there such a construct?

Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) Vladimir.Olenin at moh.gov.on.ca
Tue Feb 20 12:01:21 EST 2007

Hi,

I wonder if there is logical 'not' operator (in the meaning of "!=" -> 'not
equal') which can be applied to the whole rule? Eg:

Rule x

When

            ! (

MyObject(aaa == "bbb")

MyObject2(bbb == "aaa")

            )

Then

            // do smth

End

Basically I'm looking for an operator to reverse the evaluation result of
the expression in the brackets. The use case: in my system all rules are
defined from 'rule passes' prospective, while the application should take
some action in case the rule is NOT passed (ie, 'else' case).

Any way to do that except reformulating the constraints themselves?

Thanks,

Vlad