[rules-users] A question regarding licensing

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:39:38 EST 2007

Hello list,

I'm somewhat confused about how to license my software. I have made a couple
of searches on the net, but could not come up with any good solution. That's
the situation:
JBoss Rules is licensed under the Apache License. It does, however contain
Eclipse compiler components, which are licensed under the EPL. My project
also builds upon the Eclipse RCP, which is EPL, too.
Now I'm uncertain under which license I can or must release my software. Is
it Apache License (from what I understand after my research, it is the more
restrictive one of the two), or could I release under EPL, too?
It is especially unclear to me if I did create a derivative work of JBoss
Rules or even Eclipse, since I did not modify any of its code, I'm only
using the product in my project.
I'd be grateful for any enlightenment or weblinks to information on that
matter.

Best regards
Marcus