[rules-users] Null Checks

Ronald R. DiFrango ron.difrango at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:24:11 EST 2007

All,

I am in the process of migrating my rules from the 2.1 format to the
3.0.5format and I was wondering if the new version automatically does
Null
checks.  For example I have the following:

<java:condition>contact.getAccessoriesSelection() != null</java:condition>
<java:condition>contact.getAccessoriesSelection().getAccessoriesTotal() !=
null</java:condition>

I was wondering if under the new set I could do the following:

rule "total calc"
   when
       contact : Contact(accessoriesSelection.accessoriesTotal != null)
   then
       # Add to the total
end

Ron