[rules-users] modify object Tree?

seeker janko.dimitroff at dai-labor.de
Wed Feb 21 12:31:09 EST 2007

I have a fact which holds a reference to another fact. I wonder which one do
I have to modify in my RHS.
My Objects are Room and Thermometer. Room holds reference to Thermometer
(and that has a property describing the value).

When my rule fires I want to decrease the temperature level to simulate that
the room gets colder until a certain value A is reached. So the rule should
be called several times until the actual level equals A.

This works ONE time when I set the new value on Thermometer and modify
Thermometer, not reaching A (the rule isnt fired again).
But works as expected when I modify Room instead of Thermometer (rules is
fired several times).

I'm new to drools and wonder if that is desired or if I do something wrong.

To make things more confusing: When several rules met the same conditions,
does only one rule gets fired or do all get fired (as I read it from Figure
1.19 of the documention).

If I modify Room my other rules _dont_ get fired. When I had modified
Thermometer my other rules _do_ get fired.

Is there anyone who can shed a little light on that for me?