[rules-users] Re: Using Enums in LHS

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:57:35 EST 2007

Hello again,

On 2/19/07, Marcus Ilgner <marcus.ilgner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm having problems using Enums in the LHS of my rules.
> Running this rule
>
> > rule "demo"
> >     when
> >         $t : Transition( from == PlayerCharacter.STATE_IDLE,
> >                          to == PlayerCharacter.STATE_GENERATING,
> >                          state != TransitionState.REQUESTED )
> >     then
> >         System.out.println("The state is: " + $t.getState());
> > end
>

> actually results in the output
> > The state is: REQUESTED
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
> I'm currently using the experimental 3.1.0M1 release.

Since it seems that I'm the only one who experiences this odd behaviour, I
have put together a simple self-contained test case:
http://dude-development.de/enumtest.java
This example, running on Version 3.1.0-M1, always prints every value, even
those that are equal to VALUE1. If I change the comparator to equal, no
value gets printed.
Is it me who's doing something wrong or is it really a bug? Judging from
don't they?
I'd be grateful for any hints.

Best regards
Marcus