[rules-users] Newbie: Is this feasible w/ Drools?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Feb 28 19:17:25 EST 2007

   Alexander,

   Seems a really interesting project indeed!
   Trying to answer:

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "rule hierarchy". Drools does not
support rule "inheritence" if that is what you mean by hierarchy... can
you please ellaborate?

2. Dynamically adding rules to a rulebase will not force a full
reevaluation. Only the new rules are evaluated and if they eventually
have Patterns that may be shared, they are not even evaluated, as they
already were.

   The problem I think you will face is that Drools does not support
uncertanty reasoning. You will need to code uncertanty by hand if you
use drools. I suggest you a POC to check how it goes.

   []s
   Edson