[rules-users] Detecting partial matches

Kevin J. Schmidt kjschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:08:19 EST 2007

I'm using JBoss Rules 3.0.5 and want to know if there is a way to
detect when a rule partially matches. For example, let's say I have
the following rule:

rule "My Rule"
    no-loop true
when
    myo1: MyObject(id==12)
    myo2: MyObject(id==45)
then
    // do something with myo1 and myo2
end

This rule is looking for one MyObject with an id of 12 and another
MyObject with an id of 45. A MyObject with id 12 may come into working
memory before the one with an id of 45. Is there a way, either in Java
code or in the rules file itself, to know when the rule is partially
matched?

Thanks,

--
Kevin J. Schmidt
<kjschmidt at gmail.com>

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate
their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take
from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of
good government.
--Thomas Jefferson