[rules-users] Re: Can't use dollar ($) char in Rule Name with Janino compiler

Bree breevanoss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 07:23:20 EST 2007

> Feel free to log it in JIRA for JBoss Rules, however we cannot fix this
> . You will need to also log a  bug  in the Janino JIRA for it to be
> fixed there. My suggestion is to also prove that this doesn't work with
> a standalone Janino use.

Mark (and Paul),

Thanks for the information. This is obviously not a major issue, more of an
annoyance. I have a bunch of rules that deal with monitary values, so I have
rule names like "Coverage A must be at least $500". Changing the rule name to
"Coverage A must be at least 500 dollars" just doesn't read smoothly.

Mark, could rule names simply be URL Encoded prior to compilation? It seems that
both the Janino and JDT compilers are fine with %, &, and ; characters.

Thanks again for both of your help/input,

Bree