[rules-users] Retrieve a package from rule base

Natraj Gudla natraj.forums at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 01:20:14 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

I could not find a method which would return a package object given a name
from a rule base. All that we have is the getPackages() method which returns
an array. Incases when i want to get a given package, i am forced to iterate
over the array checking for a given package name.

It would be a nice feature to have a getPackage() accepting a name and
returning a package object against it. As a work around i have extended the
ReotooRuleBase to add a new method which will do this. In turn i can have my
app use the new rule base. I am sure extending a rule base is not so
recommended.

Pl let me know the feasibility of this change. If required i can raise a
JIRA on this.

Thanks
Natraj Gudla.