[rules-users] More JBoss Rules IDE 4.x upgrade Woes

Ronald R. DiFrango ron.difrango at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:59:47 EDT 2007

All

I have to that upgrading a 3.0.x JBoss rules project to a 4.0.x version is
not the smoothest transition.

First, I reported that the library path is not correct but I was able to
work around this issue.

Now, I found another feature/bug.  When I click on RETE view, I get the
following exception:

!ENTRY org.drools.eclipse 4 120 2007-07-08 17:54:09.181 !MESSAGE Internal
error in Drools Plugin: !STACK 0 java.lang.Exception: Unable to parse rules
to show RETE view! at
org.drools.eclipse.editors.rete.ReteViewer.loadReteModel(Unknown Source) at
org.drools.eclipse.editors.DRLRuleEditor2$3.run(Unknown Source) at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(
ModalContext.java:113) !ENTRY org.drools.eclipse 4 120 2007-07-08 17:54:
09.259 !MESSAGE Internal error in Drools Plugin: !STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
org.drools.eclipse.editors.DRLRuleEditor2$3.run(Unknown Source) at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(
ModalContext.java:113) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unable to parse rules
to show RETE view! at
org.drools.eclipse.editors.rete.ReteViewer.loadReteModel(Unknown Source) ...
2 more Root exception: java.lang.Exception: Unable to parse rules to show
RETE view! at org.drools.eclipse.editors.rete.ReteViewer.loadReteModel(Unknown
Source) at org.drools.eclipse.editors.DRLRuleEditor2$3.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(
ModalContext.java:113)

Do I really have to create a new Project and re-import everything over to it
to get it to work properly?  Is there no upgrade feature that automatically
upgrades my project like in most other Eclipse plugins?

Thanks!

Ron