[rules-users] JBoss Drools vs JBoss Rules

Hamu, Dave Dave.Hamu at Avnet.com
Mon Jul 9 13:57:25 EDT 2007

Mark,

As a long-time member of Jboss Rules/Drools community, first, I want to
thank the team for quoting me in the Drools 3.0 documentation.  It's
nice to know that there are people in the community who respect my
opinions.  I didn't realize that my comments made it into the document,
but I'm honored.

In regard to the name game...

I have to admit that as an old-timer, I had some difficulty switching to
the Jboss Rules moniker.  Overall, I prefer the Drools branding, due to
the fact that it harkens back to the history of the technology that the
Drools team developed.

Speaking of history & age, my age and subsequent memory loss prevents me
from recalling the genesis of the Drools name.  Was it an abbreviation
of a sorts for "Declarative Rules"?

- Dave