[rules-users] Set of rules needs to be executed based on somecondition

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Wed Jul 11 03:26:10 EDT 2007

Hi Awhwini,

IMO, if you don't want the LHS of each rule to reference a Schedule
object you'd be better of either:-
(b) Using AgendaGroups: The default Agenda Group could contain rules to
decide which schedule needs to be activated. The RHS of these rules
would set the focus to the applicable Agenda Group containing all the
rules associated with the schedule.
(a) Using a different RuleBase for each schedule; but the "which
schedule to activate" decision would be either undertaken in hard-coded
Java or another RuleBase that returns an object indicating which other
Rulebase to use.

Option (a) is probably the cleaner approach.

With kind regards,

Mike