[rules-users] Rule compilation errors under heavy load

Dean Jones dean.m.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:48:16 EDT 2007

On 7/14/07, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:
> We are going to need an integration test, to reproduce this, can you
> supply one?

Okay, I've just converted the simple test that I added earlier to a
Junit test. The test is not guaranteed to fail if there are thread
safety errors, just very likely to fail (don't know if this is
acceptable for you). Initially, I wrote a test which guaranteed that
calls to the addPackage() and getPackage() methods were interleaved by
different threads, but, annoyingly, this test passed. It seems that a
context-switch halfway through one of these methods is necessary to
provoke the problem (which is difficult to guarantee :-)

Dean.