[rules-users] Order of firing rules

Krishnan krishiyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:48:25 EDT 2007

Hi Rajesh,

Let us say Object obj is of type "Foo" and both rule1 and rule2 work on
"Foo", then both rule1 and rule 2 will work
on obj.

Let us say when obj is added into working memory, rule 1 is fired based on
some criterion and rule 2 would not fire on this. However, since rule1 was
fired which modified it in some way that rule 2 can be fired, then this will
also happen.

Send an example of what you are trying.

-Krishnan.

On 6/4/07, Rajesh.Sachin10 <rajesh_sachin10 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I asserted 4 objects of a class with class name "DemoClass"  in to
> working memory. In rule one I am creating a reference for the DemoClass
> and
> implementing the logic.
>
> In rule2,… I am creating another reference of the DemoClass .so that time
> it
> is accessing the next asserted object present in the workingmemory. But my
> requirement is to access the same object which is accessed in rule 1. I
> don't need to access other 3 objects in working memory.
>
>   It is possible to access the same object in rule 2, which I accessed in
> rule 1?

Sivaramakrishna Iyer Krishnan (Anand)

Never assume the obvious is true.
- William Safire