[rules-users] name

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jun 8 17:34:41 EDT 2007

heh, the Drools name is a tricky one - some people love it (had a few
emails in favour of "JBoss Drools") and some people hate it :( I figured
that DRules was a good compromise, but the marketing guys here have
already turned that one day - they say they would prefer "JBoss Drools"
to "JBoss DRules". It seems that while Drools has issues, it is a brand
that people recognise... Although the marketting people still prefer
"JBoss Rules" - but then they aren't responsible for talking about
"JBoss Rules" all day, every day, and writting blogs and documentation.
Where, for some reason I can't put my finger on, having to repeatedly
use the full formal name, as it can't be shortened, seems tiresome to
both write and say, as well as listen to and read.

Mark