[rules-users] Debugging Rule Activations and Cancellations

Yuri de Wit ydewit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:16:12 EDT 2007

I am working on an appication that does not have many rules 40-50
rules but each rule has between 1 to 2 pages of columns and
predicates, but have thousands of facts.

Even though by using the DefaultAgendaListener I can figure the rules
that were added or removed from the agenda while fact are asserted it
is sometimes time consuming to figure out among those 1 or 2 pages of
predicates on each rule why some one did or did not activate.

I was wondering if there is a better way to know why a rule was added
or removed from the agenda. Maybe a report or a callback showing the
precicates evaluated and the one that failed with the fact that cause
it to fail.

Forgive me if there is already a way or procedure I should follow to
accomplish the above.

thanks,

-- yuri