[rules-users] Re: Re: Newbie: Is this feasible w/ Drools?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Mar 1 16:16:50 EST 2007

   Alexander,

   There is an audit feature in the engine that is capable of generating
a log file showing everything that is occuring inside the engine... from
rules activation/deactivation/firing to fact assertions/retractions.
Although, you would need to build something to perform the analysis of
such data, since I guess the volume of data you will generate will be huge.
   Another possible interesting feature for you is logical assertions,
since your reasoning (from what I understood) will require a chain of
justifications/inferences.

   POC = Proof of Concept. So I would recomend getting a small (but
representative) sample of your rules and try it out. Should be pretty
quick to do and will give you confidence about what the tool can and
cannot do.

   []s
   Edson