[rules-users] Syntax query

dileep_sivaraman dileep_sivaraman at infosys.com
Mon Mar 12 03:40:47 EDT 2007

I am using drools 3.0.5

I have a function :

<function return-type="JobRequestOptions" name="getJob">
    <parameter identifier="msg" type="Message" />
        JobRequestOptions jro=new JobRequestOptions();
        System.out.println("hello world");
        return jro;
</function>

The following syntax

<eval>getJob(m).hasOption(null)==false</eval>

gives the following error :

org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: Rule Compilation error The method
getJob(Message) is undefined for the type Rule_Loop_Test_0

However when I change the <eval> tag to the following :

<eval>( getJob(m) ).hasOption(null)==false</eval>

IT WORKS FINE (Here  I have put the function in brackets with spaces in
between.It gives me an  error if I dont put spaces in between)

Could someone explain whether it is a bug or a syntax definition