[rules-users] FW: Newbie: using a spreadsheet

Hehl, Thomas Thomas.Hehl at acs-inc.com
Tue May 1 08:31:56 EDT 2007

From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:57 AM
To: Rules Users List
Subject: Re: [rules-users] FW: Newbie: using a spreadsheet

On 5/1/07, Hehl, Thomas <Thomas.Hehl at acs-inc.com

ACTION

singleStatus: SingleParticipantStatus

statusType

value

singleStatus.setAnswer("$param");

And this generates a rule that looks like this, for example:

     then singleStatus:
SingleParticipantStatus.singleStatus.setAnswer("statusOnly");;

This generates an error b/c it doesn't know how to resolve
SingleParticipantStatus.singleStatus.setAnswer, which is where the error
below is coming from.

So I changed the rule table to simply say:

setAnswer("$param");

Which generates:

      then

            singleStatus: SingleParticipantStatus.setAnswer("statusOnly");;

Which causes the non-static method error since setAnswer is an instance
method.

Thanks.

  _____