[rules-users] Drools bug ?? (3.0.6)

seeker janko.dimitroff at dai-labor.de
Wed May 9 06:45:19 EDT 2007

I use Drools 3.0.6 and I get some NullPointerException when creating my
facts:

Exception in thread "main" org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.drools.rule.EvalCondition.isAllowed(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.EvalConditionNode.assertTuple(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.TupleSource.propagateAssertTuple(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.JoinNode.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectSource.propagateAssertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.AlphaNode.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectSource.propagateAssertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectTypeNode.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.Rete.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooWorkingMemory.doAssertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.assertObject(Unknown Source)
	at org.sercho.shem.rules.Rule_Zeittest_0.eval0(Rule_Zeittest_0.java:25)
	at
org.sercho.shem.rules.Rule_Zeittest_0Eval0Invoker.evaluate(Rule_Zeittest_0Eval0Invoker.java:19)
	... 21 more

The rule that is causing this goes like this:
rule "Zeittest"
	when
		room : Room (  )
		uhr : AlarmClock( applianceStateResource == ApplianceStateEnum.on,
location == room, $alarmTime : alarmTime )
		eval( $alarmTime.getHours() > 10 )

If I omit the eval, ths error will not occur (and I can access
$alarmTime.getHours() in RHS)
I wonder if I do something wrong or if it is a Drools bug.

Any hints ?