[rules-users] Drools basic questions.

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Fri May 18 03:58:56 EDT 2007

1. See previous email about identifiers. The dollar sign has no
significance other than some people find it makes identifying variables
in a rule easier.

2. This is a pattern that will match any Person object in WorkingMemory.
The variable "likes" will be bound to the value of field
"favouriteCheese" - i.e. personInstance.getFavouriteCheese().

If you have not already done so I suggest you read the documentation.