[rules-users] Example for using globals in Drools3.0.6

JLL jll at labocollard.be
Wed May 30 03:50:18 EDT 2007

hi

i thing using a string could cause some problems
better use your own object named like "Mock" containing a string with setter
and getter

in the java code assert the object in working memory with
MemoryManager.getWorkingMemory().setGlobal("mock", mock);

in the rule file
 don't forget to import your Mock
and
  global Mock mock

  in the when
    $mock : Mock( )
    and other conditions

  in the then statement
    $mock.setMyString("hello world");

after the rule fire the value must have been changed ...

hope it's clear enough
friendly

JLL