[rules-users] Problem with removePackage()

igor_b igorbolic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 03:18:17 EST 2007

Hi Edson,

sorry for a late reply. I found out that there is problem in DRL file i.e. i
cannot use

package com.sample.mypackage

rule "Apply discount"
	no-loop true
	when
		$order: Order();
		$items : ArrayList() from collect (OrderItem() from $order.items)
	then
		#apply discount
end

when i try to remove previous package from ruleBase object, i get the error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot remove a sink, when the list of
sinks is null
	at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectSource.removeObjectSink(ObjectSource.java:116)
	at org.drools.reteoo.AlphaNode.remove(AlphaNode.java:181)
	at
org.drools.reteoo.LeftInputAdapterNode.remove(LeftInputAdapterNode.java:204)
	at org.drools.reteoo.FromNode.remove(FromNode.java:153)
	at
org.drools.reteoo.RightInputAdapterNode.remove(RightInputAdapterNode.java:167)
	at org.drools.reteoo.BetaNode.remove(BetaNode.java:186)
	at org.drools.reteoo.RuleTerminalNode.remove(RuleTerminalNode.java:461)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooBuilder.removeRule(ReteooBuilder.java:224)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.removeRule(ReteooRuleBase.java:272)
	at
org.drools.common.AbstractRuleBase.removePackage(AbstractRuleBase.java:460)

instead, i implemented the same thing this way:

package com.sample.mypackage

rule "Explode Cart"
        salience 11
	dialect "java"
	when
	        $order: Order()
		$item : OrderItem() from $order.items
	then
		insert( $item );
end

rule "Apply discount"
	no-loop true
	when
		$order : Order();
		$items : ArrayList() from collect (OrderItem())
	then
		#apply discount
end

if this is a bug, i hope it'll help finding it and fixing.

Kind regards!