[rules-users] Remotely debugging application server code

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:24:25 EST 2007

Hi list,

I'm experiencing problems when remotely debugging my JBoss-Rules-using
application running on an application server.
The application server is JBoss 4.2.1.GA and I connect to it via
Eclipse. My JBoss Rules version is 4.0.3.
As soon as I start inserting facts, the application seems to hang. The
debugger reports the status "Running" on all threads, however the
application does not seem to reach the next statement (which is a
logging statement).
When I disconnect the debugger, the execution resumes and everything works fine.
The displayed callstack when suspending the execution claims that the
execution has reached the next breakpoint, however I'm in doubt that
this is true and there's no way for me to resume the execution.

Maybe some of you have experienced something similar. I had no
problems at all debugging the code that does all the work before the
fact insertion. Only after starting to insert facts the debugging goes
awry.

Best regards
Marcus