[rules-users] RunTime problem with Drools 4.0.3

prateek.katiyar at wipro.com prateek.katiyar at wipro.com
Wed Nov 21 22:29:53 EST 2007

Hello all,

I am using Drools 4.0.3.
In my application I have one singleton class to validate the input parameters. Also I am using one commonfunction.xml file which has all the functions for the applications e.g.

<function return-type="boolean" name="validateDate">
 <parameter identifier="date" type="String" />
  <parameter identifier="datepattern" type="String" />
 // System.out.println(" validateDate date "+date);
// System.out.println(" validateDate datepattern "+datepattern);
 if(date == null || date.trim().equals(""))
   return(true);
  SimpleDateFormat sdf = new SimpleDateFormat(datepattern);
  Date testDate = null;
  try{
   testDate = sdf.parse(date);
  }catch (ParseException e){
   return(true);
  }
  if (!sdf.format(testDate).equals(date)){
   return(true);
  }
  return(false);
</function>

I am loading this commonfunction.xml file only once in the constructor throughout the application. Also I have some specific rules for each module in my application.
One of the module is AirlineDemo.For this module I have various rules as source and destination can not same, departure date should be proper etc.

Now when I am running my application I am getting the ClassNotFoundException .
Please give me advice how can I remove this exception?

I am attaching the rule file and the description of the exception.

With Regards
Prateek

www.wipro.com