[rules-users] Class import problems

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 20:34:22 EST 2007

I am trying to import a class, but get a message that only a type can
be imported, and what I am trying to import resolves to a package.  I
have used the examples and they appear to do the same thing, except
they work.

The top of my drl file is shown below.  GlucoseDecision is, in fact, a
type.  But this is inside a large Eclipse project.  Do I have to, in
some fashion, separately jar the classes that I want to import in
Drools?  Does not appear to be the case when I look at the examples.

package edu.utah

#import edu.utah.cdmcc.entities.Patient;
import edu.utah.cdmcc.entities.GlucoseDecision;

rule "First Glucose Rule First File"

	when
		eval(1==1)
	then
		System.out.println("First Glucose Rule First File got called");