[rules-users] Re: Best way to detect duplicate rule names?

Jared Davis sunray at davisprogramming.com
Tue Nov 27 08:39:08 EST 2007

Mark Proctor <mproctor <at> codehaus.org> writes:

> At the moment no, we could expose a handler/even that allows the user to
> add additional behaviour. For now your best way of doing this is to
> augment the PackageBuilder with AOP.
<snip>

Mark,

Thank you for your help with my questions. We have implemented three
manufacturing modules using drools. One converts one part number to another (OEM
part <-> "real" part). The second manipulates the bill of material based on
customer requirements. The third drives a dynamic part drawing using a cad back
end.

The drools rules look so much easier to maintain than the java code it replaces.

We are pre-processing the files to detect duplicate rule names. For our
application it was simpler than the AOP option.

Regards,

Jared