[rules-users] Regarding Package .Pkg

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Wed Oct 3 04:17:23 EDT 2007

I think you might misunderstand.

A DRL file contains text defining rules. Each DRL file is assigned a package
name (much like Java).

The DRL file is loaded, parsed (PackageBuilder) and converted into a Package
instance. Packages are added to RuleBases from which WorkingMemory can be
obtained for rule execution.

There is no "pkg" file - the Java Package can be converted into a stream
using Java's ObjectOutputStream.

Have a look at "1.6. The Drools Rule Engine - 1.6.1. Overview" in the
excellent documentation.

  _____