[rules-users] update Fact on BRMS bad restriction. Please change.

Felipe Piccolini felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl
Wed Oct 3 09:51:06 EDT 2007

Mark,

   Im sorry, I never try to say the work u did is useless. I think
the work is great and I thank u guys for doing this.

The problem I have is that I need to use the GUI the way the business
guy write the logic and I cant find the easy way to
do this. Maybe is my fault because I dont know how to use the tool,
but if you could help me to do this (you say using formulas)
I'll be very thankful.

On 02-10-2007, at 18:49, Mark Proctor wrote:

> Felipe Piccolini wrote:
>> Using the GUI editor for rules is a nice way to make rules,
>> however the editor put restrictions on what u can fill on the
>> textfields
>> for a type of attribute, ie. if I have a Double attribute
>> (approvedMount) in a bean (Person) I cant make the update of this
>> field based on
>> another field ... what I wanna do (and cant on BRMS GUI) is:
>>
>> rule "Set approvedMount for a women"
>>  no-loop true
>>  when
>>   $p: Person($sex: sex == "F", $income: incomeMount)
>>  then
>>   $p.setApprovedMount($income * 1.2);
>>   update($p);
>> end
>>
>> Where my Person class has incomeMount and approvedMount as Double.
>>
>> BRMS GUI only let me put 1.2 but no words to refer the $income
>> variable.
>>
>> What can I do?... where will be this possible?... it is quite
>> useless if I cant do what I want, because it force me to rebuild
>> the bean
> Yes all the work we do is totally useless. did you try specifying a
> formula?
>> to have fields names like "approvedMountIncresedBasedOnIncome" and
>> make a formula inside the setter, which is exactly the code
>> I wanna put on rules, because is the bussines logic.
>>
>> Felipe Piccolini M.
>> felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl

Felipe Piccolini M.
felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl