[rules-users] How to have your emails ignored

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Oct 3 11:49:57 EDT 2007

ok here is the list updated. In reality we aren't that formal, and the
tone of the list below is tongue in cheek, but if I put this up on the
mailing list info page hopefully it might help a little, especially as
traffic picks up. There was 20K download attempts last month, so I think
our little community is growing :)

How to have your emails ignored:
#1. Start the email with "URGENT"
#2. Tell everyone how desparate you and how you need an immediate
response for your really important project.
#3. Don't wait a minimum of 3 days and resend your email within minutes
of hours.
#4. Send emails directly to mailing list members, especially the developers.
#5. Paste pages of code and then say "it doesn't work, please help".
#6. Paste a long stack trace and say "it doesn't work, please help".
#7. Start your email with "please sirs" or include "do the needful".
#8. Ask dumb questions that are in the manual.
#9. Ask basic java questions.
#10. Ask questions about JRules
#11. Reply to an existing thread but starting a new topic
#12. Start your email with "I'm a member of the drools mailinglist, so
please answer me"