[rules-users] RE: Is the future avail in 4.0

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 6 13:32:14 EDT 2007

(1) Theres nothing stopping you using a singleton to hold "state", so this
provides what you want:-

rule "1"
when
$o : AnObject( someField == someCriteria )
then
boolean someFlag = true;
insert(new State( someFlag ) );
end

rule "2"
when
State (someFlag == true )
$o : AnotherObject ( )
then
//something else
end

You could also have the first check activate another AgendaGroup, for
example:-

rule "1"
when
$o : AnObject( someField == someCriteria )
then
drools.setFocus("SomeOtherGroup");
end

rule "2"
agenda-group SomeOtherGroup
when
$o : AnotherObject ( )
then
 //something else
end

(2) I believe the ObjectTypeNode filters based on "Class.isInstance()" and
therefore you should be able to code rules based upon the sub-class and
insert super-classes.

With kind regards,

Mike