[rules-users] Drools 4.0.2 released

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Oct 9 10:00:57 EDT 2007

   http://blog.athico.com/2007/10/drools-402-released.html

We just released Drools v4.0.2 <http://labs.jboss.com/drools/downloads.html>.
This is a minor release with a few improvements on existing features and
several bug fixes. We also included a lot of new
documentation<http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/4.0.2.15666.GA/html/index.html>,
specially in the examples
section<http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/4.0.2.15666.GA/html/ch10.html>
.
Important: there is one backward compatibility break when using Rule Flow.
If you use Rule Flow, please check the section 1.2.5 of the
manual<http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/4.0.2.15666.GA/html/ch01s02.html#d0e362>for
details.

We would like to really thanks all the contributors that helped on getting
this release out. From those contributing patches and docs, to those testing
and reporting bugs and providing feedback. The list is a bit long to post
all names here and I may incur in a mistake forgetting someone, so our open
public thank you to you all!

This is now the stable version of Drools and from now on, we expect to only
release eventual bug fixes in this branch. We are starting now the
development of the new major release of Drools and new features shall all be
added to it.

For those curious about what is coming, please check previous posts on this
blog. Mark's slides presented at
Synasc<http://blog.athico.com/2007/10/synasc-2007-slides.html>also
talk about several things we want to do for the coming versions.

Follows the release notes.

Happy Drooling
Drools Team

--