[rules-users] BRMS

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Oct 15 11:42:16 EDT 2007

Markus Helbig wrote:
> that's a real pitty ... it's a great thing ... but WebSphere 6.0.x is
> using JRE 1.4 ... damned

There are still people out there using drools 2.x because they are on
JDK1.3. But their comes a time when the advantages of moving outweight
the advantages of staying, its not an easy decision but jdk1.4 has been
around since 2003, so I think we've supported it long enough. Our next
major release will be jdk1.5 only, both BRMS and engine.