[rules-users] ClassCastException when redeploying to jboss

Jeffery Shutt shuttj at sosstaffing.com
Mon Oct 15 15:26:05 EDT 2007

We have a server application that runs on jboss and we are trying to use
drools as part of it. I have one object that I insert into WorkingMemory and
when I first start up jboss and run through my rules everything works fine.
If I re-deploy my server to jboss (without restarting it) and try to fire my
rules again I get a ClassCastException on {MyObject}ShadowProxy. If I stop
and restart jboss it works fine again. It seems like something ({MyObject}
specifically) is not being "re-loaded" when the application is re-deployed.
Any help pointing me in the right direction would be nice.

Regards,

Jeff Shutt

Software Developer

SOS Staffing Services