[rules-users] activationCancelled() not being executed?

Fermion henss at physik.uni-wuppertal.de
Wed Oct 17 09:28:17 EDT 2007

Hi,

I tested the now really self contained code on a colleagues machine. He
isn't using Eclipse which has the nice side-effect of proving that it's not
something with my IDE settings...
We were able to reproduce the bug with the 6 files included in the attached
.zip.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13253739/test.ZIP test.ZIP

Short description of the files:
Test.java: The main class including the main.
CommonDataObject: My POJO used for storing the test fact. It automatically
notifies the rule engine in case of a value change by the use of the
firePropertyChange() method.
Types.java: A very simple enumeration object used in CommonDataObject.
XPS_AgendaFilter: Very simple agenda filter.
Rules.drl: My two very simple rules. The agenda filter used in
XPS_AgendaFilter ensures that only the first rule is fired.
Rules.dsl: An even more simple dsl file. Temperatures are good if -10.0 < T
< 40.0.

What the test app does:
It creates a temperature fact and sets its values to -15.0, 15.0, -25.0 and
25.0 with a little delay of 2 seconds in between.
An activation is created for the first value. Nothing happens after the
second value (15.0) comes in. -25.0 creates another activation, which is
again not canceled by the 4th value modification.

I might remember you that you'll need to change that one line in the code of
Test.java that specifies the location of the rules.

Thank you very much,

Fermion