[rules-users] DSL regex support

Adam Lewandowski adam at alewando.com
Tue Oct 23 16:26:37 EDT 2007

I just upgraded to 4.0.3 and want to take advantage of regex support for
my DSL. Specifically, I want to be able to use a character class at the
start of my expander expression to allow the first character to be case
insensitive. For example (in the expander definition):

[when][Ff]act value is "{value}"= SomeFact( value == "{value}")

So that the rule could be written as "Fact value is..." or "fact value
is....". But I think this conflicts with a syntax that the parser uses
to add constraints to the previous declaration (according to the
reference docs, section 6.7.4). If I try to use the same character class
construct anywhere other than the first character it works fine.
Is there some escape sequence I can use to get what I'm looking for?
Simply escaping the [ and ] with \ didn't work.

Thanks,
Adam Lewandowski