[rules-users] Examples won't run

Paul Smith paul.t.smith at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:04:20 EDT 2007

I noticed this when I was playing with some code last night. If I try to use
the following from the doco

PackageBuilderConfiguration cfg = new PackageBuilderConfiguration( );
JavaDialectConfiguration javaConf = (JavaDialectConfiguration)
cfg.getDialectConfiguration( "java" );
javaConf.setCompiler( JavaDialectConfiguration.JANINO );

I get the error you are seeing when trying to instantiate a
PackageBuilderConfiguration.

However if I use the following

properties.setProperty( "drools.dialect.java.compiler",
                        "JANINO" );
PackageBuilderConfiguration cfg = new PackageBuilderConfiguration( properties );
JavaDialectConfiguration javaConf = (JavaDialectConfiguration)
cfg.getDialectConfiguration( "java" );
assertEquals( JavaDialectConfiguration.JANINO,
              javaConf.getCompiler() ); // demonstrate that the
compiler is correctly configured

Janino seems to work ok. Looks like the default constructor for a
PackageBuilderConfiguration needs to be able to locate the Eclipse JDT
classes.